I was nominated by Joss, who blogs about addiction and overcoming- it’s a great read and very informative! Go visit her!
The rules of this award:
1. Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 blogs.
5. Notify those blogs of the nomination.
6. Give them 11 questions to answer
1.What do you do to take care of yourself?
I bake (especially muffins!), I draw and paint the characters from my fiction stories, and I craft (sewing, embroidery, knitting, etc). I also watch Xena: Warrior Princess and chill/try to rest mentally. Also yoga.
2. What do you think is most important in life?
Taking care of, loving, and supporting those around us as well as chasing our dreams and potential. A mixture of all that, as well as a dash of self-development in terms of wisdom and spiritual learning to better ourselves.
3. Why do you blog?
I blog to try and give others the knowledge and support that I feel I was lacking when I discovered I had a mental illness.
4. What’s one thing that you’ve learned in the past five years that you wish you’d learned earlier in life?
Haha, that’s the theme of my blog~ that mental illness is chemical and not spiritual! I made a lot of decisions and faced many hardships because of believing the opposite, and it was rough to come to terms with the truth.
5. What’s your favorite fruit?
Lately I’ve become very fond of things with pomegranate in it. Especially chocolate.
6. What’s your favorite movie?
The Lord of the Rings trilogy, hands-down.
7. If you could tell the world one thing, what would you say?
Honestly? What a hard question! I’d have to say that I don’t know what ‘one thing’ I could say. My ideas intertwine.
8. When everything else fails, what can you rely on?
My fiction writing. They (the characters) kept me alive and motivated to keep moving through rough times, and they still fuel me in large amounts. When things are rough I fall into trance with music and explore these stories.
9. What song can get you through a bad day?
“Alive” by Omnia.
10. What do you want to be remembered for?
Again, my fiction writing (as of yet unpublished but I’m working on it!). I feel these characters, these stories, pulled me through so much and because of that I feel indebted to them. There’s so much meaning to me in their writing, so much subconscious truth, that I feel that’s what I want to outlive me. There’s something to them that I hold very precious, so I want that to live on.
Selfishly, I would really like for my ideas on mental illness and spirituality to outlive me as well, but I care less about that.
11. Why are we alive?
To learn spiritually. Perhaps a mix of karmic debt paying off in the meantime, but largely to learn and evolve in a spiritual way.
11 Facts about Me!
1. When I feel good, I write over two hours a day. Writing is life!
2. I am terrible at video games.
3. I once got stuck at the beginning of a video game (One of the first two DMC’s) and literally could not make it through the introductory hallway.
4. I also could not defeat the Deku tree boss in OCarina of time (my gamer wife laughed at me a lot).
5. I love ALL things owls
6. I play piano.
7. My favourite piano song to play is Fur Elise.
8. I loved Kill LA Kill.
9. I love plants and gardening.
10. This is the first year I am not accidentally killing all my plants.
11. I love symphonic metal.
Now! Here are my 11 questions for those I tag!
- Favourite colour and why?
- Favourite story?
- Greatest ambition?
- Thing you struggle with the most that seems so easy for others?
- What’s your goal/focus in life?
- Why do you blog?
- If all else fails, what do you rely on?
- What are your hobbies?
- Any self-care rituals?
- Favourite music style?
- Favourite food?
Here’s who I tag!
Go read their blogs! Show each other some love!