Eeeee! I’m so excited to say that I’ve been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by the lovely and cheerful Ha N. from Living Libra https://livinglibrablog.wordpress.com/
Thank you so much for the nomination! I’ve been dying to do one of these but didn’t want to nominate myself (that would be weird methinks). So let’s do this!
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive, and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
How Does It Work:
• Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
• Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
• Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
• List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog
1. What TV show are you bingeing right now?
Kill La Kill. Yep. It’s a hilarious and over-the-top parody that (in my opinion) really points out misogynistic tropes.
2. Name a book that spoke to you on a personal level. Why?
Dreaming the Dark by Starhawk. It was the first Wiccan/Goddess/Pagan philosophy book I’d ever read and it just spoke to me on a whole new level that no book ever had before.
3. What is your spirit animal?
The crow! Those little birdies follow me everywhere! They’ll visit places with me (suddenly popping up on lawns they were never on before), and I can’t help but notice them everywhere.
4. When was the moment in your life you laughed the hardest?
Recently, it was when my mom was accidentally called ‘mister’ in a store by a slip of the tongue. She is extremely feminine, so I laughed so hard at it.
5. Who do you look up to the most, and what qualities do you love about that person?
My paternal Grandmother. She was a hard-core skiier, waterskiier, bridge player, and went from rich to poor with grace. She knew the difference between good family and bad, and wasn’t afraid to stand up to the bad and make them mad. She was an amazingly strong woman.
6. What’s your favorite thing you own and why?
The sculptures/statues/images that host my deities. I swear they really do come alive at some points and they just make me feel so connected with the divines it’s amazing.
7. What did you dream about last night?
Probably zombies mixed with elves and epic storylines.
8. What’s one thing most people don’t know about you?
That I am terrified of birds, especially little ones. I will scream, duck, and throw myself on the ground to get away from them. It’s hilarious.
9. What kind of music do you listen to?
European folk music and symphonic metal (think Omnia paganfolk and Tarja, Nightwish, Epica, etc). Especially symphonic metal.
10. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Slurpy sounds/chewing noises. That and manipulative people. I can spot them a mile away yet no one ever notices quite what I do so it’s really hard to express and convince people about what I’m seeing.
11. Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, or Game of Thrones?
Lord of the RIIIIIIIINGS! I was a hardcore fan of the movies when I was younger, and now read the Silmarillon in order to fall asleep (what? It’s slow and relaxing!). I love the repetitive yet complex storyline. Also, a funny tidbit: younger me had a crush on Legolas way back when, and now I am married to a blonde hair blue eyed lady who… get this… used to cosplay as an elf and does actual archery with a forty pound bow. Dreams do come real y’all XD
Now I nominate (ta ta daaaam!)
- owanderer from Wyrd Wanderer
- Chrissey from the unabridged Sass
- Only Fragments
- shreya sharma
- lalita from the spiral grove
- sweta ojha
- mabel kwong
And here are me eleven questions for those lucky (or unlucky heh heh) souls!
- Favourite flower and why?
- Most epic moment in your life?
- Funniest moment in your life?
- Person you most admire/respect and why?
- Favourite animal?
- Strangest experience?
- Favourite food?
- One thing most people don’t know about you?
- Favourite music?
- Biggest aspiration in life?
- Harry Potter, LOTR or Game of thrones?
That’s it y’all! Go check out Living Libra’s blog! Also, check out some of the people I nominated as well, they write lovely things too!
Have a good day and lots of blessings your way!